Production AssociateJob Description
The Production Associate is an entry level position and is responsible for helping with tasks in the Seed Oil processing and manufacturing environment. The safety of all team members in the workplace is of the utmost importance. The Production Associate reports to the Processing Logistics Manager. Additional areas of responsibility include inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
The Production Associate will receive on the job training for the safe and proper usage of the Processing Equipment that includes debris sorting, material handling, seed oil processing, inventory management, as well as routine housekeeping and organizing. The position is also expected to participate in company sponsored safety training.
The Production Associate may work with mechanical or computer operated equipment. Successful candidates should be technically inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery.
- Use of protective equipment
- Safely operate a forklift
- Adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment
- Assist in the installation, maintenance and repair of machinery
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels within minimal wasted time and materials
- Housekeeping and sanitation
- maintain activity log
- ability to handle basic tools safely
- basic mechanical aptitudes
- high school diploma with a min of 2yrs relevant work experience
- Must be able to regularly move/lift 50lbs
- ability to work in fact paced environment