Port St. Lucie, Florida
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES), a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, has an opening for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
For nearly six decades, UES has provided essential engineering services and has contributed to the success of some of the most prominent and significant projects in the United States. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology, best practices, and groundbreaking solutions, to attract the best talent and foster enriching opportunities for career growth. Our work includes both public and private clients and consists of projects ranging from transportation and healthcare to commercial and education. Our engineers, geologists, certified inspectors, and scientists offer an unwavering commitment to excellence, approaching each project as an opportunity to cultivate enduring relationships with our clients.
Built on experience and driven by a determination to see our clients through to success, UES remains focused, optimistic, and grounded in excellence.
In 2020, GFA International, Inc., Nova Geotechnical & Inspection Services, Contour Engineering, and Wallace-Kuhl & Associates strategically merged with UES becoming part of the Universal Engineering Sciences brand of companies—making us the fastest growing, most experienced, resource-rich organization of its kind. Become an important part of our growing family of nearly 1,800 professionals across 33 branches and help contribute to the betterment of communities all across our nation.
Why Work at UES?
· Our family atmosphere promotes a small company feel, even as we continue to grow and expand our regional and national footprint.
· Health Plans – UES employees can choose from three different health plan options including our flagship Health Savings Account (HSA) plan with low premiums and company matching funds deposited directly into your own Health Savings Account!
· Our dental and vision plans offer both in and out of network benefits, giving you the choice to stay with a favorite dentist, orthodontist, or optometrist.
· 401k – Save for retirement with Empower and get a company matching contribution of 50% on the first 6% of compensation, up to $2,000 maximum match.
· There’s plenty of time off too! UES employees accrue generous amounts of Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays!
Your day as a Professional Engineer at UES will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
· Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
· Prepares cost proposals and designs scope of work for prospective clients.
· Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data.
· Attends meetings to present technical data to the client and other professionals.
· Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, testing schedules and designs for project.
· Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering test plans, specifications, and safety standards.
· Directs where necessary activities at project site.
· Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
· Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
· 5+ years of geotechnical experience.
· Professional Engineer (P.E.) License.