Registered Architect / Architectural Designer
1. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The basic functions of the Architectural Designer position are as follows:
- Under close supervision of more experienced Architects, this position can expect to support the following production operations: drafting, detailing, surveying, material collection, 3-D modeling, material and document management, as well as other general product reproduction work
- Perform research and design services
- Prepare information regarding design specifications, materials, and equipment
- Plan the layout of projects and integrate engineering elements into a unified design
- Generate drawings, sketches, and renderings for the investigation of alternatives to the design of project assignments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities that are relevant to your growth within the industry
- Meet with management to review new and ongoing projects
- Complete any additional assignments as requested by supervisor
- Coordinate with Consultants and Clients
- Communication but not limited to answering phone call, emails, and other correspondence
- Team work with other employees
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Prefer Registered Architect
- Architectural degree is required, however candidates who are within one semester of completing their degrees will be considered
- 1-2 years’ experience is preferred, however we will consider candidates who have previous related internship experience
- Frequent exposure to clients is common so excellent communication skills is a must
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketch Up Pro, and Architectural Desk Top
- Autodesk REVIT Building Information Modeling (BIM) is a plus but not required
- Ability to read full set of Construction Documents required
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- This position cannot be worked remotely.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Flexibility to working schedules may be required due to changing business demands.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday